- zhb Bereich Fremdsprachen
- TU Dortmund
- Forschen, Schreiben & Publizieren
- Für Postdocs
- Für Promovierende
Writing is a fundamental skill that will help you as a graduate student or early-career researcher not only write your dissertation but also advance your career in academia or industry.
This workshop will help you transition to the graduate-level standards of academic writing by helping you answer the following questions:
- Why publishing? Why not publishing?
- Why do editors reject articles?
- Why do reviewers reject papers?
- What does a rejected paper tell us?
- How do I meet the editorial objectives of the journal?
- What are the criteria for a good article?
During the workshop, you will be invited to edit small sections of your own work for coherence, clarity, and mechanics. We will do a writing exercise that will help you achieve more clarity in stating the problem and articulating the significance of your study. You will become more aware of good writing practices that will enhance the readability of your papers.
Recommended entry level: B2 or higher
- Instructor: Tetyana Müller-Lyaskovets, Ph.D.
- Target group: Graduate students and early career researchers
- Language: English
* In order to provide you with a convenient registration process, the Graduate Center uses registration forms from the service provider eveeno®. eveeno® works in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).