The Graduate Center supports international doctoral researchers by offering individual advice, transferable skills training, and networking opportunities in English. It also offers a platform to make many other international programs within the TU Dortmund University visible to incoming doctoral researchers.
While having to successfully complete the doctorate itself, international doctoral researchers also face additional challenges. The TU Dortmund University supports them in many different ways – whether it is travel, building a social network, or an English-language qualification, and advisory service.
The Graduate Center supports international doctoral researchers by providing advice, transferable skills training, and networking.
- Advice: From preparing for a doctorate to career planning after graduation – of course, we can provide all our advice in English. We focus on the needs of international doctoral researchers and the peculiar features of the German academic and doctoral system.
- Transferable skills training: About half of the workshops for transferable skills training in the Graduate Center are held in English. The trainers are generally internationally experienced and address the specific challenges of international doctoral researchers.
- Networking: We regularly organize networking formats such as DocDay or DocNet in English. An important concern of the Graduate Center is to bring together international and German doctoral researchers in these events and thus promote a common community on campus.
The International Office supports international students and international doctoral researchers with a wide range of services:
For the start of your doctorate
- Welcome Services for interntaional researchers
- Ambassador-Programm: International doctoral researchers support each other
- German language courses for doctoral researchers
During the doctorate
International doctoral researchers who have already submitted their dissertation are eligible to apply for the Research Explorer Ruhr program.
Research Explorer Ruhr offers international (post)doctoral researchers a fully funded stay at one of the UA Ruhr universities for two weeks. During this time, they can establish contacts to professors and lay the groundwork for a joint third-party funding proposal.