The Graduate Center supports international postdocs by offering tailored advice, interdisciplinary qualification, and networking services in English. It also offers a platform to make many other international programs within the TU Dortmund visible to incoming postdoctoral researchers.
International postdocs face specific challenges. TU Dortmund University supports them in many ways - for example, with a qualification program and advice services in English, as well as with the Research Explorer Ruhr.
Services of the Graduate Center
- Advice: We offer postdoctoral career advice services in English. The focus is on the needs of international postdocs and the peculiarities of the German university system.
- Qualification : Every semester we offer transferable skills workshops in English, e.g. on how to write a successful research proposal, on academic writing, or on leadership skills.
- Research Explorer Ruhr With the Research Explorer Ruhr program, TU Dortmund University offers international postdocs in the first year after their doctorate a two-week stay at TU Dortmund University in order to initiate a longer research stay. During the stay, you can deepen the contact to a suitable teaching area, and we will inform you about funding possibilities for a longer stay.
International Affairs / International Office
The International Office supports international scientists with a wide range of services at every stage of their stay:
- Welcome Service
- Advice on non-academic matters such as language courses, networking, professional integration
- Handling of deregistration/departure