- zhb Bereich Fremdsprachen
- Research & Publishing
- For prospective doctoral researchers
- For Postdocs
- For doctoral researchers
To help you improve your work on a variety of documents and tasks (dissertation proposals/exposes, dissertation chapters, conference proposals and presentations, research articles, job application documents, and more), Academic Writing and Presentations (English) at the w.space, zhb, Department of Foreign Languages offers weekly 45-minute individual writing consultations.
What is a writing consultation?
Our collaborative 1:1 consultations offer graduate students, researchers, and faculty opportunities to
- discuss a number of writing strategies and concerns
- receive feedback on organization and clarity of their drafts
- receive feedback on their approaches to a particular writing or speaking task
- identify patterns of error in their manuscripts and get advice on how to revise and edit their manuscripts
- better understand their reviewers’ comments and create an effective plan for addressing these comments
At the w. space, we work with writers towards improving their manuscripts and skills, but we do not edit their work for them.
We offer Zoom appointments each Monday from 10:30 to 12:00. One can book an appointment by sending an email to Tetyana Müller-Lyaskovets (tetyana.lyaskovetstu-dortmundde) who will refer you to a scheduling link.