Preparing for your Dissertation Defense
- Presenting, Communicating & Teaching
- Präsentieren, Kommunizieren & Lehren
- For doctoral researchers
- Für Promovierende
This workshop focuses on preparing and giving your dissertation defense in the best possible way. It is designed for doctoral researchers who are just months away from defending their dissertation.
The participants already have a good level of experience in presenting their research and now want to prepare that last step. In the course of the workshop, all participants will give their presentation in front of their fellows. Each presentation will be followed by a discussion slot and an intense 360-degree feedback given by fellow participants and the trainer.
The feedback is based on the 12-Parameter Model which was designed by the firm textATRIUM specifically for evaluating academic presentations.
After the workshop, participants have a clear, realistic impression about their individual strengths, what can be changed and improved for their defense, and also strategies they can take away for future talks.
For preparation participants should bring a 5-7-minute presentation (with or without slides) that covers your PhD research and will be the topic of your defense. The opening of the talk will be important for the preparation.
- Trainer: John Kluempers, PhD
- Target group: Doctoral researchers, who are close to defending their dissertation
- Participants: max. 8
- Language: English
This event will be credited with 8 work units for the area "Presenting, Communicating & Teaching" of the Career Certificate for Doctoral Researchers.
* Um Ihnen eine komfortable Anmeldung zu ermöglichen, nutzt das Graduiertenzentrum Anmeldeformulare des Dienstleisters eveeno®. eveeno® arbeitet konform mit der europäischen Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO).